- To represent the interests of medical physicists and biomedical engineers in NSW and ACT
- To act as a resource for ACPSEM members in professional matters
- To further the education of members through scientific meetings, lectures and workshops.
- To inform members of relevant activities via a newsletter and regular meetings.
- To represent the interests of the NSW and ACT members of the ACPSEM in ACPSEM Council via the chairperson.
- Annually review the practice and achievements of the committee.
- To be constituted and carry out branch affairs in accordance with the ACPSEM college articles and with the provisions of the by-laws from time to time in force.
Relevant sections of the articles appear below.
In keeping with the ACPSEM college by-law 19 the management of the Branch will be by Branch Committee. This will consist of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon Treasurer and Hon Secretary and a number of other members. The Branch Executive will consist of the Chairman, Immediate Past-Chairman, the Vice-Chairman and the Honorary Treasurer and the Honorary Secretary.
The branch committee may appoint subcommittees as required. Currently there are two subcommittees
- Education Subcommittee - dealing with educational matters relevant to branch members, organising educational activities and communicating educational offerings of interest for members.
- Research Subcommittee - dealing with research matters relevant to the branch members, primarily responsible for organising MedPhys Symposium for students, trainees and registrars. This subcommittee will also advertise and review applications for Omega Prize.
The subcommittees will have at least three members and report to the branch committee. The chairperson of a subcommittee will be a member of the branch committee.