The ACPSEM Queensland Branch (ACPSEMQ) executes the local interests of members of the ACPSEM and also aims to provide opportunities for its membership that complement the broader benefits of ACPSEM membership in general.
The branch contains a committee composed of a chairperson, vice chairperson, secretary, treasurer, education officer, communications officer, and general committee members. The branch committee represents about 70 members across a broad range in specialties including Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, University Specialists, Biomedical Engineers, and Radiation Protection Specialists. The branch chairperson is also a director of the ACPSEM.
Activities of the ACPSEMQ branch include:
1) Regular branch committee meetings aimed at executing the interests of QLD members.
2) Annual local symposium. This is usually held in the second half of each year and contains a mix of invited speakers, educational presentations, and proffered papers.
3) Progress and research in medical physics series (PRIMPS). There are usually four of these per annum and are hosted by local physics departments. These are low key events aimed at raising awareness of local clinical issues and research as well as providing an excellent networking opportunity for members.
4) Consultation on (local) matters relevant to our profession(s) Eg. Comments on radiation regulatory proposals and national registration of medical physicists.
5) Other educational events such as vendor education evenings.
For further information, please contact the current branch chairperson. Their contact information can be found in the “committee” section of this website.
ACPSEMQ would proudly like to introduce Kitch!
For further information please contact the Secretary ACPSEMQ – Rebecca Meldrum;