Medical Physics Researcher
Post date : 23 September 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
Salary : $1,919.60 - $2,539.57 per week
An exciting opportunity exists for a Research Scientist with a strong interest in and commitment to radiotherapy medical physics to join the very experienced and dedicated team.
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time 30 November 2022
Position Classification: Senior Scientific Officer
Remuneration: $1,919.60 - $2,539.57 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ189445
Where you'll be working
Royal North Shore Hospital, with some time at University of Sydney
What you'll be doing
The Medical Physics Researcher will perform research and education in medical physics within the medical physics team of the Northern Sydney Cancer Centre. The role is to perform research towards the vision to create, share and apply scientific knowledge in radiation physics to improve human health. A strong ongoing commitment to securing competitive grant funding, performing practice changing research and developing research infrastructure is expected.
Applications Close: 7 October 2020
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Possess a Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, Engineering or other qualification applicable to the field of research.
- Demonstrated experience in research; specifically mathematical computing, image processing, optimisation, data analysis.
- Demonstrated communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently within an information sensitive environment and collaboratively as part of a team
- Possesses excellent grant/manuscript track record relative to opportunity.
- Ability to work in a task oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated software development skills.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Northern Sydney Local Health District
Reserve Rd, St Leonards NSW 2065
Contact Person : Claire King
Contact Number : 02 9463 1320
Contact Email : Claire.King@health.nsw.gov.au
Company Website : https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/nslhd