Medical Physics Registrar
Post date : 5 September 2021
Close date : 7 September 2021
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Salary : $70798 - $102259 per annum
Location : Randwick, Prince of Wales Hospital | Sydney
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional people, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
The selected candidate will undertake training as a registrar towards certification as a Medical Physics Specialist in accordance with the Training, Education and Assessment Program (TEAP) of the ACPSEM. TEAP Registrar training takes 3 years to complete and salary is in accordance with the NSW Public Hospital Medical Physicist (State) Award.
Under supervision, the Registrar will participate in clinical and research activities in quality assurance, commissioning, treatment planning and dosimetry as part of the Medical Physics group within Radiation Oncology at Prince of Wales Hospital. The Physics group consists of 11 staff including 8 fully qualified Medical Physics Specialists who will assist with the Registrar training.
- To undertake clinical and academic training in order to meet the requirements for the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM) Radiation Oncology Medical Physics (ROMP) Training Education and Accreditation Program (TEAP).
- Regular quality assurance tests on linear accelerators, superficial x-ray unit, HDR brachytherapy unit, CT scanner and other equipment associated with patient treatment within the department.
- Dose measurements on patients undergoing radiation therapy when requested by planning and treatment staff.
- Verification of treatment field calculations including individual patient's planning as required by planning staff.
- Planning and treatment of brachytherapy patients for HDR and eye plaque techniques.
- Individual and group research projects within the department.
Closing date is 7th September 2021 but late submissions are possible.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Department of Radiation Oncology
Contact Person : Simon Downes
Contact Number : 02 9382 5206
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/medical-physics-registrar-116849