This web site is operated by the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ABN 44 005 379 162) (ACPSEM).
If you have any queries regarding these Terms, please contact us at telephone +61 (0) 2 8305 3900 , e-mail: email@example.com. We welcome your feedback.
• upload or post any unlawful, threatening, harmful, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable Materials;
• disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the web site;
• transmit junk mail or comment posting, collect information about other users;
• sell access to the web site or the data or Materials; or
• redistribute any Materials.
You agree that all Materials uploaded or posted by you this web site, including information, ideas, comments, correspondence with other authors on the website, participation in dynamic polls or any other form of user-submitted communication:
• must not contain the personal information of another person or, if it does, you have the permission of that person to post or upload or post it in accordance with these Terms;
• must be original and belong to you or you must be authorized by the owner of those Materials to submit it;
• must not be fraudulent, abusive, illegal, obscene, indecent, defamatory, incite racial or ethnic hatred or violate the rights of others or be, in any other way, objectionable;
• may be used and exploited by us for our business purposes, as we see fit.
There is no expectation of confidentiality or privacy in any communications you may have with this website and you acknowledge that we may exploit and disclose any of those communications as we see fit. We also may remove any Materials that we believe, in our sole discretion, is fraudulent, abusive, illegal, obscene, indecent, defamatory, incites racial or ethnic hatred or violates the rights of others, or is in any other way objectionable.
The ACPSEM has made reasonable effort to ensure that all Material provided by it is accurate and up-to-date. Those Materials are only intended to provide broad consumer understanding and knowledge of medical physics and biomedical engineering topics. The information should not be considered complete and should not be used in place of personal detailed research on the issues discussed.
The views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the ACPSEM and its branches and sub-committees.
This web site and the Materials are provided "AS IS" and without warranty, express or implied. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all implied warranties are hereby excluded. ACPSEM makes no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness or completeness of this web site and the Materials. ACPSEM cannot and does not warrant against human and machine errors, omissions, delays, interruptions or losses, including loss of data. ACPSEM cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from this online site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code/s that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
You should conduct your own enquiries or seek independent advice before acting upon the Materials.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, ACPSEM is not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including legal costs) arising out of your use of this web site or the Materials, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
Liability of the ACPSEM for a breach of a term mandatorily implied by law is limited, at ACPSEM's option, to:
• the supply of the goods or services again;
• the repair of the goods; or
• the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
The ACPSEM is bound by the National Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The ACPSEM acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals and its members, and will comply with the principles of the Privacy Act whenever personal information is collected, used and disclosed by us.
Collection of information
ACPSEM only collects personal information that is necessary for our functions and activities as the leading membership organisation in Australia and New Zealand in medical physics and biomedical engineering.
Any personal information collected by us will be carefully stored and saved and will be used only for the purposes of providing services to you and for disclosure to the third parties mentioned below.
We will not include your personal details on any of our sales or marketing databases unless you authorise us to do so. If we wish to collect personal information about you (such as name, contact information or other registration information or details of professional development activities) via the internet, then we will operate by these principles:
• We will expressly ask you for that personal information. When we ask you for that personal information, we will tell you how we intend to use that personal information if you choose to give it to us. For instance, we may wish to use that personal information to:
a. personalise and tailor our information, services or products for you;
b. to identify who we are communicating with; or
c. to inform you of further information relating to our services or products, or to this web site ;
• We intend to keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics. When you access our web site, our server will make a record of your visit and log the following information:
a. Your IP address which may provide your server address, top level domain name, (eg. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
b. The date and time of your visit to the site
c. The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
d. The previous site you have visited
e. The type of browser you are using
f. The operating system you are using
In general this information will only be used for statistical purposes, unless we believe some particular problem requires more detailed analysis.
Use and Disclosure
So as to best serve you, ACPSEM shares information with, and occasionally acquires information from:
• Other companies associated with ACPSEM.
• Various third parties whom we ask to perform services for us (such as agents employed to fulfil certain tasks) or to whom information must be disclosed to in the course of providing services to you, including: Mailing House for the APESM Journal and Regulating Authorities as requested by registration (licensing laws) in relevant government jurisdictions.
• ACPSEM does not sell or disclose any information held by it to third parties or contractors, and does not transfer personal information overseas. We do not sell or disclose personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Occasionally your personal information may also be used for the purposes of introducing other services which we believe may interest you. However, if you do not wish to receive such future publications or if you tell us that you do not wish to have your personal information used for such purposes and we will respect your wishes. You can opt out of receiving updates and future publications from us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that we do not send you updates in the future.
ACPSEM will co-operate with all law enforcement bodies in providing information when requested. In such circumstances, only information that ACPSEM is required to disclose as a matter of law would be divulged.
Access to personal information
Subject to some exceptions allowed by law, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and you do not have to give a reason when asking for access to your personal information. You can obtain your personal information by contacting the ACPSEM General Manager, Geoff Barbaro at Suite 7.12, Aero 247, 247 Coward Street, Mascot NSW 2020 Australia. All such enquiries or complaints :
• must be in writing;
• will be handled with impartiality and discretion within 21 days;
• must include a payment of $10 plus GST for time and other costs incurred in providing and processing access to your personal information.
All personal information and the learning credit summary, and CPD details can be accessed via the internet through the user name and password established by the participant at the time of registration.
We protect your data from scripted testing attacks by using CAPTCHA technology
Cookies are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (ie. the web browser on your computer). By using cookies, websites can track information about visitors' usage of the site, provide customised Materials, or even the use of password protection. This web site may store cookies in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this web site. You should note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server. Any web server (including this one) may:
• store one or more cookies in your browser; or
• request your browser to transmit the data to the web server.
Please note that most web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. For further information about working with cookies:
• for Internet Explorer, visit www.microsoft.com, and
• for Mozilla Firefox, visit www.mozilla.org/firefox
Please also note that the servers listed above may also cause a cookie to be stored on your computer.
When purchasing from ACPSEM, card details are transmitted through a secure server using SecurePay. Card data is not hosted by ACPSEM after processing.
Funding and Advertising
This web site has been funded by ACPSEM, with substantial support from the Australian Government Department of Health. The views expressed on this website do not necessarily represent the position of the Australian government.
Any advertising or promotional material mentioned on this site will be presented in a manner and context that helps make it easy for you to differentiate between it and the original material created by ACPSEM. Publication of advertisements or promotional information for products, services or courses does not necessarily indicate endorsement by the ACPSEM.
This site includes registered trademarks and other trademarks that are otherwise protected by law. Except as expressly authorised the use or misuse of any of these trademarks is strictly prohibited.
Included Trademarks and Registered Trademarks are Trademarks of their respective owners.
ACPSEM cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and or/execution from or via this site is free from viruses or other conditions, which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this site and you release ACPSEM entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
You have the right to refuse to provide certain personal information, although this may not always be possible, of course, as some of our functions can only be performed if we are able to adequately identify you. If you are not completely satisfied with anything which is set out in this policy, you are entitled to either query this practice or lodge a complaint with the ACPSEM Policy committee or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.