The role of the CPD Committee is to assist the CPD coordinator with the maintenance of professional standards by promoting further education and professional development for College members. The CPD Coordinator may refer specific CPD matters to a supporting CPD Committee for discussion or assistance.
- Determine a best practice CPD framework suitable for use by College members.
- Advise on the professional aspects of the CPD program, ensuring that the program is of adequate standard and efficiently meets members’ needs.
- Report business arising from CPD matters via the Chair of CPD Committee to the Professional Standards Board through its Chairman.
- Work with the ACPSEM secretariat to seek further funding for CPD activities and to ensure that such funding is applied in the best interests of the College and its members
- Provide a focus for advice and co-ordination for members involved with the establishment, running and evaluation of conferences
- Assist the CPD coordinator to keep ACPSEM members regularly informed of CPD developments and related activities through the ACPSEM web site, newsletter and email distribution service
- Provide advice to the ACPSEM on CPD issues.
- Work with the ACPSEM secretarial to create and assess online CPD content and instigate CPD courses relevant to the membership.
The CPD Working Party shall comprise up to seven members:
a. the CPD Coordinator
b. up to 6 members, aiming to cover the various professional interests of the ACPSEM membership.
The CPD coordinator will chair the CPD Committee.
The current executive of CPD Committee is:
CPD Coordinator and Chair of the Committee:
Mr Farshid Salehzahi
Mr Craig Norvill
Mr Peter Barnes
Dr Stephanie Corde
Mr John Cormack
Ms Elizabeth Claridge Mackonis
Mr Luis Munoz
Dr Justin Shepherd
The CPD Committee is currently seeking ideas on professional development opportunities for mid and senior College members. Your ideas, comments and suggestions are always welcome.