Training Education and Assessment Program
What is TEAP?
The aim of the Training Education and Assessment Programs (TEAP) is to provide training and education that enables a scientist to achieve the required knowledge and practical skills to be certified by the ACPSEM in medical physics or radiopharmaceutical science.
ACPSEM, through the Specialty Groups and the Professional Standards Board, currently offers TEAP in three (3) disciplines:
- Radiation Oncology Medical Physics (ROMP)
- Diagnostic Imaging (Nuclear Medicine & Radiology) Medical Physics (DIMP)
- Radiopharmaceutical Science (RPS)
The standard program takes 3 to 5 years, depending on education level at entry, discipline chosen and recognition of any prior learning and/or assessment elements.
The program comprises:
- An ACPSEM accredited/approved postgraduate degree in Medical Physics or Radiopharmaceutical Science (may be completed prior to entering the program).
- Structured in-service clinical training working as a registrar in a clinical department that has been accredited for the purpose of this training by the ACPSEM.
- Assessments and/or examinations.
Full details of the TEAP PROGRAM and ENTRY REQUIREMENTS may be found in the ACPSEM TEAP Programs for Medical Physics and Radiopharmaceutical Science. General information is covered in Sections 1-3, whilst information specific to the specialties is covered in Sections 4-6;
- Section 4: Radiation Oncology Medical Physics (ROMP)
- Section 5: Diagnostic Imaging (Nuclear Medicine and/or Radiology) Medical Physics (DIMP)
- Section 6: Radiopharmaceutical Science (RPS)
To be enrolled in TEAP, applicants will require:
- acceptance into (or have completed) an ACPSEM accredited or approved post graduate course (masters or higher); and
- a training (registrar) position in an ACPSEM accredited clinical department.
For further information on administrative aspects of the program including enrolment requirements, please email TEAP Development or call +61 (0) 2 8305 3904.
The TEAP application will be available for online completion in the coming months. In the meantime however, you can download the TEAP Application Form and complete manually.