Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist
Post date : 17 June 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
Salary : NZ$95k - $118k
Our Radiation Oncology department is seeking a highly motivated Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to join our team of seven physicists, two physics registrars and one engineer. The Department has four linear accelerators and is currently in the middle of a technology refresh (Siemens Confidence CT scanner, Raystation TPS and one Varian Truebeam linac have been installed in the last three years with three more Varian linacs to follow). We are in the design phase of two regional treatment sites. The successful applicant will participate in a broad range of clinical physics activities, including quality assurance, calibration, commissioning of equipment, development of treatment techniques and training and education of other staff. The employment contract provides support to international and national conferences each year for continuing education.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a license for Radiation Oncology Medical Physics practices from the New Zealand Office of Radiation Safety.
The title of the position offered to the successful applicant will depend on his/her qualifications.
For enquiries, please contact: Tim O’Brien, Head of Medical Physics Email:email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete an official form of application and to submit this with a copy of their CV.
To apply online please go to our website: www.midcentraldhb.govt.nz/vacancy
Please note the job description is also available online
Essential selection criteria:
- An undergraduate degree in physics with a strong component in mathematics.
- A post graduate qualification in medical physics.
- Listed or demonstrated eligibility for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English; both written and oral.
Priority will be given to candidates who satisfy the following selection criteria:
- ACPSEM certification (or an equivalent, recognized by the ACPSEM) in radiation Oncology Medical Physics.
- Several years of experience in a modern radiation oncology department.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent problem solving skills and self motivation.
- Experience in development and commissioning of new equipment and treatment techniques.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
MidCentral District Health Board Palmerston North Hospital
Ruahine Street, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Contact Person : Tim O’Brien
Contact Number : 64 6 350 8148
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : www.midcentraldhb.govt.nz