Director, Molecular Imaging and Therapy Research Unit
Post date : 23 June 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
Salary : Negotiable
Full-Time, 3 year Fixed Term Contract
- Exciting opportunity to lead South Australia’s only cyclotron facility
- World-class health and medical research facility in Adelaide, South Australia
- Excellent remuneration package, including salary packaging
At the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), we are committed to achieving innovative, ground-breaking health and medical research that fundamentally improves the quality of life for all people.
The Molecular Imaging and Therapy Research Unit (MITRU) has established the first medical cyclotron facility in South Australia and produces commercial and investigational cyclotron-based radio-pharmaceuticals as well as encompassing non-cyclotron radio-pharmaceutical manufacture.
We are seeking a Director who will be responsible for coordinating the business development and operational activities of MITRU, achieving profitability and capital management goals; and ensuring the service delivery of isotopes and radio-pharmaceutical products and services meets quality, financial, regulatory, safety and service commitments that meet or exceed SAHMRI’s policies, goals and objectives.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute the business development and operational strategic plans for MITRU
- Lead the radionuclide and radio-pharmaceutical operations team
- Work closely with SAHMRI’s researchers to optimise the research and innovation opportunities of MITRU
- Influence and grow partnerships and alliances with key customers nationally and internationally
- Monitor sales and expense performance and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Conduct client negotiations
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Post-graduate degree in one of the following disciplines: physics, biomedical science, microbiology, chemistry, pharmacy or related discipline
- A higher degree in physics, chemistry or radiopharmacy is desirable
- Substantial experience in radio-pharmaceutical and sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Proven track record in business development
- Proven track record in the preparation of strategic business plans
- Experience in supervising senior scientific personnel
- Experience in managing complex projects involving external partners
- Experience in process improvements and technical evaluations
- Experience in GMP, TGA, regulations and procedures as required by relevant regulatory authorities
- Knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA), the Radiation Protection and Control Act (1982) and the Radiation and Control (Ionising Radiation) Regulations (2000), or has the ability quickly acquire this knowledge
- Commercial acumen and results oriented
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- High level interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills, time management and project planning skills, analytical and problem solving skills with good attention to detail
- Able to gain team alignment and commitment
- Highly committed to quality, GMP and safety
Some out of business hours is required, with regular travel interstate and irregular travel overseas. The successful candidate must be available on an on call basis for troubleshooting if there is unexpected equipment failure.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values and our institute is dedicated to grow a culture that pursues, enables and demands research excellence. We are proud of the work we do and work hard as a team to make a positive difference to the community. Our values of Excellence, innovation, courage, integrity and teamwork are what help us achieve our goals. If these are also your values and goals, apply today.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Cass Galton, HR Manager at Cassandra.Galton@sahmri.com
Applications close: 14 July 2020, 5pm
If you wish to apply please go to https://www.sahmriresearch.org/human-resources/careers/315 and click on the APPLY button.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
SAHMRI is a member of the Athena SWAN Science in Australia Gender Equity program. We have been awarded Bronze status for our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEMM.
Internal Number: SAHMRI314
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute
Contact Person : Cass Galton, HR Manager
Contact Number : +61881284021
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : https://www.sahmriresearch.org/human-resources/careers/315