Senior Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist - Grade 5 | Barwon Health, Geelong, VIC
Post date : 22 May 2023
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
- Supportive and innovative team environment who challenges conformity
- Opportunities to take on leadership roles in work programs
- Temporary Part Time 18 hours per fortnight (until 01/06/2024)
ALCC Radiotherapy offers state-of-the-art treatments using Varian Truebeam linear accelerators, Eclipse treatment planning system, and Aria record and verify system.
Services delivered by the department includes:
- Stereotactic treatments
- IMRT and VMAT
- 4DCT and gated treatments
- IGRT – planar kV, CBCT, and EPI
- Knowledge based planning
- Flattening Filter Free Beams
- Superficial treatments
About the Role
As a Senior Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist you will join a team of highly skilled ROMPs within ALCC on a 12 months fixed term contract with the possibility of renewal. Consistent with the grade, this role will require you to lead work program(s), make original contributions, and take on other duties as stipulated in the position description and at the discretion of the Chief Medical Physicist.
About the culture
ALCC is a progressive centre that encourages a team environment. We are a passionate, supportive and motivated team who works cohesively together. We promote professional development in the workplace and are focused on quality patient centred care. Our department embraces change and are constantly looking for innovative ideas to improve our service delivery.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wadawurrung name for the region; Djillong, (Geelong) is means “Tongue of Land”.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
- To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
- ACPSEM Accreditation/Certification in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- Postgraduate degree in Physics
- Significant experience in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics Experience in leading projects in a timely manner
- Experienced in managing and supervising scientific & technical staff
- Experience in planning and coordinating work programs
- Experience in providing advice/direct correct use of equipment & materials and large expenditure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated evidence of producing work of high quality
- Strong professional drive and enthusiasm
- Prepared to work irregular hours
- Involvement in training & education
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Ryrie Street, GEELONG, VIC 3220
Contact Person : Thu Tran
Contact Number : 03 4215 2607
Contact Email : THU.TRAN@barwonhealth.org.au
Company Website : https://www.barwonhealth.org.au