ACPSEM Medical Image Registration Special Interest Group Educational Lead Expression of Interest
The Medical Image Registration Special Interest Group (MIRSIG) is seeking a suitable candidate (Medical Physicists, Radiation Therapist, Academic, Researcher, Radiation Oncologist, or other professional) to fill the volunteer position of “Educational Lead”.
The mission of MIRSIG is to provide:
- A strong and unified driving force for the management of medical image registration in Australasia, and
- Professional standards and solutions for safe and effective use of medical image registration for the benefit of the public.
The guiding principles of the education lead are (Adapted from https://estro.org/Education)
- Focused and diversified educational offer,
- Reaching out in ANZ (and globally) with live courses, complementary blended education and online resources for individual learning
- Continuous strengthening, developing and diversifying the educational offer according to present and future needs of the community
- Collaboration and partnerships with other organisations
- Strengthen and support education by ACPSEM/ ASMIRT/ RANZCR
- Identify gaps and duplication in Radiation Oncology education in ANZ (and worldwide), in partnership with other organisations
MIRSIG has an executive committee that meet on a quarterly basis. This committee covers the general running of MIRSIG and the positions are for 2 year terms. The Education Lead role is part of the executive committee and attendance at the executive meetings is encouraged. Support from your employer may need to be considered as well, when applying for the Education Lead, as there could be some additional time commitments required.
For more information, such as potential projects for the educational lead, please contact the current Chair of MIRSIG, Johnson Yuen (Johnson.Yuen@health.nsw.gov.au).
If you are interested, please fill in the application form with your CV attached and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline - 24 June 2021.