Elekta Medical Physicists / ANZ
Post date : 6 July 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
The Clinical Physicist role is responsible for consulting, training, and supporting Oncology professionals in the effective use of Elekta Software & Hardware.
Responsibilities include remote and on-site classroom training and in-person and remote support. The position will also be responsible for commissioning support and clinical readiness checks. The position should independently deliver education on Elekta products to new and existing sites. The position should understand new workflow processes to maximize efficiencies of the Elekta offering. Manage all site preparation and documentation of onsite education per established guidelines.
Provide assistance to the Elekta support team pertaining to escalated customer calls. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Elekta products and service policies and procedures; utilize appropriate escalation procedure as needed
Work within conjunction with Regional Marketing to promote and implement Elekta products with a view of increasing customer satisfaction and use.
- Provide phone and email support to customers, including support for the Elekta Support Centre
- Escalation Support for Elekta products
- Work on “complex problems” where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Actively participate in the support and training of customer sites when needed.
- Prepare for and deliver assigned courses as required
- Complete on-site training of Elekta software, hardware and associated third-party products. Successful completion includes good communication with Elekta’s Clinical Applications Managers, Installation, ESI, and Project Management staff. Prompt attention to customers ready to plan training, and adherence to Elekta’s established implementation procedures (e.g. documenting training, completing post-training correspondence, returning correctly signed packing slip, etc.).
- Review current client clinical practices and develop future state models (workflow) to enhance the implementation goals to be effective and efficient with the use of software & hardware products.
- Accurately assess follow-up training needs. Develop session goals and length with clients. Identify attendees for each planned session. Coordinate schedules with project management (when needed) cognizant of customer constraints. Deliver training as planned.
- Provide Customer Acceptance support for Linac and Unity
- Assist in Beam Modelling/Measurements
- Support and assist on commissioning activities and clinical readiness checks
- Provide input and assistance to the Elekta R&D group for current projects and new product enhancements
- Initiates and actively pursues projects (as required)
- Assists on special Product Management projects with respect to user interface improvements and the overall usability of the Elekta software systems, as requested and approved
- Assist the Project Delivery Team as required
- Perform necessary database configuration to client databases to support the future workflows.
- Assist Elekta sales staff and distributors with technical advice for existing and future sites.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Physics – Masters degree in Medical Physics is preferred with 2 years working experience.
- Experience with at least one of the following Elekta products: Linac, Monaco, Mosaiq or is preferable.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
- Clinical qualifications that enable customer training in the area of expertise
- Reasonable knowledge of Elekta’s other core products
- Familiarity with current dosimetry protocols including AAPM, ICRU, IAEA
- Familiarity with modern 3D water phantom acquisition and analysis products (i.e. IBA Blue Phantom with OmniPro Accept, or other)
- Experience with modern 3D treatment planning system and understanding of current dose calculation algorithms
- Experience with current IMRT practice including hybrid plan (film, TLD, ionization chamber) evaluation (i.e. Scanditronix-Wellhoefer OmniPro I’mRT, others) as well as Electronic Portal Image Device image analysis for relative portal dosimetry is preferable
- Additional IT experience/qualification is an advantage
- Highly developed problem-solving skills coupled with persuasive personal
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- An excellent team player at all levels with strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills and strong, professional presentation skills required
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to effectively interact with customers (via phone and face-to-face)
- Familiarity with curriculum development process and educational methodology
- Ability to travel up to 75both domestic and international.)
- Fluent in verbal and written in English
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Elekta Pty Ltd
Unit 10.02, Level 10, 146 Arthur Street
Contact Person : Sue Brauer
Contact Number : 0458078803
Contact Email : email@example.com
Company Website : www.elekta.com