Senior Medical Physics Specialist
Post date : 28 August 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Location : Lake Macquarie (Newcastle) NSW
Full-time - GenesisCare Lake Macquarie (Newcastle) NSW, Australia
GenesisCare New South Wales is seeking a Senior Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to be a driving force and have an impact in the delivery of cancer treatment in the Lake-Macquarie & Newcastle region.
You will work as part of a dedicated team on service development and ongoing support of the Lake Macquarie service. You will also play a significant role in the development of a new site at Maitland (due to open 2021). The Lake Macquarie practice currently includes two Elekta linear accelerators with stereotactic capabilities and an exactrac system.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Enjoy the opportunity to join a growing and collegiate network with a strong focus on autonomous physics team operations and quality.
- Enter our team during an exciting phase of new technology and treatment technique implementation.
- Work for a progressive company who are keen to explore and support your ideas to design the best possible care for people with cancer
- Newcastle offers the benefits of living in a beautiful regional metropolitan location with easy access to the Hunter Valley, quiet beaches and bushlands. There is excellent bars, cafes and restaurants along with various food and wine festivals across the year.
- Enjoy the benefits of regional living while sharing and building expertise with your national and international city-based colleagues
Your specific responsibilities will include;
- Providing a lead role in service development projects in line with business objectives
- Applying your high-level expertise to treatment procedures including VMAT, IMRT, SRS, DIBH, SABR, DCAT & LDR
- Provide oversight and solutions for improvements in routine and patient-specific quality assurance activities
- NSW representative in speciality area at a national level in GenesisCare
What we are looking for in the SMPS candidate;
- Certification in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics – ACPSEM, IPEM, HCPC, ABR, ABMP, CCPM, IMPCB.
- Excellent communication and track record of effective project leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills in a virtual team with multiple stakeholders
- Track record of inspiring, sharing knowledge and working with others to achieve a team-driven outcome.
- Evidence of education activities including training, research and supervision of ACPSEM TEAP registrars
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package including generous CPD funding and relocation allowance.
How to apply
To be involved in this exciting career opportunity, please click apply and submit your cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria above and a copy of your resume
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kristie Harrison - Chief Physicist NSW at Kristie.Harrison@genesiscare.com
Application close on Friday 25th Sep, 2020.
Who we are:
We are 5000 highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease.
Across the world, we have more than 440 centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do—whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Building 1 11, The Mill, 41-43 Bourke Road
Alexandria NSW 2015
Contact Person : Kristie Harrison - Chief Physicist NSW
Contact Number :
Contact Email : Kristie.Harrison@genesiscare.com
Company Website : https://genesiscare.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Genesiscare_Careers/job/NSW-Gateshead-Lake-Macquarie-Private-Hospital/Medical-Physics-Specialist_R0007201