Senior Medical Physicist – Icon Cancer Centre Midland Rockingham
Post date : 13 November 2020
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Advance your career with one of Australia’s fastest-growing radiation oncology provider
- Opportunity to join our growing national organization providing exceptional patient care.
About the Role:
An exciting and unique opportunity exists for an experienced Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to join the medical physics services at our Icon Cancer Centres in Western Australia – Midland & Rockingham.
Equipment at both sites include fully featured Varian TrueBeam linacs, Siemens CT scanners and networked Eclipse Treatment Planning System operating in a paperless environment utilising Aria. Treatment services include cranial and extracranial stereotactic radiotherapy with the Varian advanced motion management package, as well as standard techniques including DIBH Breast, and VMAT/IMRT.
The Senior Medical Physicist will assist Site Senior Medical Physicist in providing medical physics support services to the radiotherapy practices operated by Icon Cancer Centre. This is a full-time permanent role that reports to the National Director of Medical Physics. The successful applicants may also be required to manage and maintain a key area of responsibility within the national Icon medical physics group.
A generous Professional Development package is available, as well as a one-off relocation package (if deemed suitable). Opportunities for additional training such as vendor and professional courses may also exist.
About the person we are going to hire:
The successful applicant will be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will be required to take on an integral role in the operational management of day-to-day physics activities at Midland and Rockingham. You will also be involved in the development and implementation of new technologies. A demonstrated ability to perform in a strong multi-disciplinary environment is essential.
- Eligible for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- Experience with stereotactic treatments, along with Varian equipment
- Ability to perform routine physics tasks including but not limited to routine equipment quality assurance, patient specific quality assurance (e.g. IMRT/VMAT) and treatment planning support
- Evidence of contributing to/participating in in-house research and development projects
- Proven ability to work independently to a high level of scientific achievement
- Demonstrated high levels of communication and interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary team
- Capable of self-directed work and possessing excellent problem solving skills.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
For more information, please contact Anthony Walsh (Regional Medical Physics Lead) Anthony.email@example.com, or Trent Aland (National Director of Medical Physics) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close COB 30 November 2020
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Icon Cancer Centre
6 Centennial Pl,
Midland WA 6056
Contact Person : Anthony Walsh
Contact Number : 07 3737 4500
Contact Email : Anthony.email@example.com
Company Website : https://iconcancercentre.com.au/