Medical Physics Specialist - Dubbo Health Service
Post date : 19 February 2021
Close date : 19 March 2021
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Salary : $117,999.00 - $180,924.00 pa plus super
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Medical Physics Specialist
Remuneration: $117,999.00 - $180,924.00 pa plus super
Hours Per Week: 38
Location: Dubbo, NSW
About the role:
The Medical Physics Specialist will provide the medical physics services required for external beam radiation therapy treatments and will also be involved in education, training, quality improvement, radiation safety and research and development.
The Medical Physics Specialist will provide clinical input to planning, scientific and technical service for maintenance, quality assurance, calibration as well as medical physics advice. This will also include complex planning for radiotherapy treatment and procedures, teaching radiation safe practices and research and development within the department.
This is an exciting role providing opportunities for growth and development in a supportive environment. The successful candidate will have opportunities in setting up new radiotherapy centre as well as commissioning True Beam Linac, PET-CT and superficial X Ray unit under the guidance of Director, Medical Physics Specialist.
This position may offer incentives to prospective employees, which may include reloaction assistance, accommodation subsidy, professional development and flexible work practices.
1. Certification awarded by Australasian College of Physical Scientists & Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM) in radiation oncology medical physics and on the ACPSEM register of Qualified Medical Physics Specialist.
2. Clinical medical physics experience in the most recent technologies, including radiation dosimetry, quality assurance of radiotherapy equipment, treatment planning, commissioning of new equipment and techniques and radiation safety.
3. Hold or eligible to hold a Radiation Oncology Physics Radiation License (Tier 1) issued in NSW and membership or eligible for membership of ACPSEM.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and to initiate quality improvements.
5. A demonstrated high level of oral, written communication and associated interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work out of hours and flexibly as required.
7. Demonstrated ability to achieve high standards of professional practice and a commitment to quality improvement, further education and research.
8. Licence to drive in NSW with the ability to drive occasionally for work purpose.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) For role related queries or questions contact Dr Dilli Banjade, Director Medical Physics Specialist via phone (02) 6369 3809 or email Dilli.Banjade@health.nsw.gov.au
3) For more information about Dubbo Health Service, visit our website http://www.dubbohospitalcareers.com.au/
4) For information about Living in Dubbo, visit https://dubbo.com.au/live
How to apply:
Candidates must read the Position Description and address the Selection Criteria for the role, providing examples where required. You must also upload a copy of your current CV as part of your application.
Applications Close: Friday, 12th March 2021
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Western NSW Local Health District
Dubbo Health Service
Dubbo Hospital is a major rural referral facility on the edge of the western plains of outback Australia. It is a rapidly growing hospital providing critical care, specialist medical inpatient and outpatient services, surgery, mental health and many specialised allied health and medical outreach services.
Dubbo Health Service is undergoing remarkable transformations under the Dubbo Hospital Redevelopment Project. Join our ever-growing team!
Contact Person : Dr Dilli Banjade
Contact Number : 02 6369 3809
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : http://www.dubbohospitalcareers.com.au/