Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physics Registrar - St George Hospital
Post date : 16 May 2021
Close date : 28 May 2021
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Salary : $70,798 - $102,259 per annum
Location : Kogarah, NSW
This position is for a traineeship in Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physics (DIMP).
The position is for up to a 3 year duration and is supported by an ACPSEM Medical Physicist Trainee Support Grant. Employment will be for periods of 12 months, with extensions subject to adequate progress against ACPSEM TEAP training benchmarks.
The Medical Physics Registrar will assist in the provision of medical physics services related to diagnostic imaging and radiation safety across South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD).
The Medical Physics Registrar will assist in the provision of a broad range of medical physics services that are related to medical imaging. The work includes: research &development, education &training, equipment lifecycle management and performance testing, and management of radiation safety in Radiology for staff, patients and members of the public.
The South Eastern Sydney Local Health District incorporates a number of separate hospitals and trainees will be required to work at several different sites over the course of their training.
- Completion of an ACPSEM approved undergraduate degree majoring in physics or an ACPSEM approved alternative discipline in the Physical Sciences.
- Completion of an ACPSEM accredited or approved Post-Graduate (Masters or Higher) degree in Medical Physics or a related field.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as an effective team member of a multi-disciplinary team with demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Current possession of a NSW Drivers Licence (or willingness to obtain) and a willingness to travel across NSW in accordance with the requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency using Information Technology Tools, including the MS Office package and in writing software programs for data analysis using interpreted and/or compiled computer languages.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to work independently with a high level of productivity.
- Demonstrated understanding of research methodology or research experience and a willingness to undertake research activities.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
St. George Hospital,
Kogarah, NSW, 2217
Contact Person : John Thomas
Contact Number : 9113 3500
Contact Email : John.Thomas1@health.nsw.gov.au
Company Website : https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/medical-physicist-st-george-hospital-103954