Radiation Oncology Medical Physics Specialist - Central Coast Cancer Centre, NSW
Post date : 1 August 2022
Close date : 21 August 2022
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
To apply: Medical Physics Specialist - NSW Health Careers
Applications close 21 August
You will be providing the medical physics services required by external beam radiation therapy treatments with minimal supervision of your professional practice. The Medical Physics Specialist is also involved in education, training, quality improvement, radiation safety, research and development.
The Central Coast Cancer Centre has three Varian linear acclerators, Eclipse TPS, superficial and CT/sim. In 2023, two of the existing linacs will be replaced with new TrueBeams which will compliment the existing TrueBeam Edge installed in 2020.
We offer Single Isocentre Multi Target SRS, a range of SBRT options and motion management techniques. We are looking to purchase our own MRI machine as well as Surface Guided RT.
The Medical Physics team is a cohesive unit with a supportive and respectful culture. We exist in a multidisciplinary environment and work effectively with a large group of Radiation Therapists and Radiation Oncologists. We actively engage in Clinical Trials and always look to improve current practicies and implement new ones where appropriate.
- ACPSEM accreditation in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics or Radiotherapy Equipment Commissioning and Quality Assurance, or successful completion of the TEAP written exam with the expectation to be certified within 6 months.
- Medical physics experience in the most recent technologies, including radiation dosimetry, quality assurance of radiotherapy equipment, treatment planning, commissioning of new equipment and radiation safety.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and quality improvement, and have played a major role in the implementation of at least one new treatment technique.
- Can work unsupervised in all areas of radiation oncology physics as well function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work flexible hours including after hours.
- A demonstrated satisfactory level of oral, written communication and associated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of how the District is Caring for the Coast and how this role would contribute.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Central Coast LHD
Central Coast Cancer Centre
Gosford, NSW 2250
Contact Person : Chris Lee
Contact Number : +61417485312
Contact Email : Christopher.Lee@health.nsw.gov.au
Company Website : https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/medical-physics-specialist-161202