Extended: Senior Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physicist | Canberra Health Services, ACT
Post date : 23 September 2022
Close date : 7 October 2022
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Location : Canberra Health Services
Canberra Health Services
Cancer and Ambulatory Support
Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering
Senior Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physicist
Senior Medical Physics
Salary Range: $162,616 - $190,761 (PN: 21212 - 0255V)
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering (MPRE) department at Canberra Health Services is composed of medical physics specialists in radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, and radiology giving our department a collegial diversity of medical physicists working together. The team is responsible for safety and quality in the use of medical radiation and is active in improving education in these areas. We contribute technical and scientific support to clinical and research staff enabling efficient use of resources for the diagnosis, treatment and research of disease using medical radiation.
The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of state-of-the-art medical diagnosis and interventional treatment for our patients. Throughout Canberra Health Services there is a wide range of diagnostic equipment modalities, including CT, Cardiology, Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, PET-CT, General and Dental radiography, Ultrasound, DXA etc. with varying demands on routine quality testing and for dose audit. MPRE has an extensive technical library, good access to software, is well provided with radiation instrumentation and phantom access and also utilises on-line dose audit software to assist in audit processes.
Currently we are undergoing a rapid major expansion in imaging capacity throughout the Canberra Health Services giving opportunity for medical physics input in shielding design, procurement and commissioning for this new equipment.
Our team welcomes collaborative research with active collaborations with University of Sydney, Wollongong University and the Australian National University, also currently we are completing a significant project in mammography. The department is also active in education with departmental accreditation to train diagnostic radiology and radiation oncology medical physics registrars and with input into education for radiology and cardiology registrars.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researches and consults widely to make evidence-based choices using a variety of sources and use information to effectively solve problems and prioritise.
- Develops shared knowledge and understanding that contributes to effective coordination, improved team performance and enhanced service outcomes.
- Has an adaptive mindset, continuously learning and keeping abreast of technology and emerging thinking.
- Prioritises workload appropriately and establish realistic timeframes for the completion of work and am accountable for my own and the team’s performance and achievement of results.
- Registered, or demonstrate eligibility for registration, on the register of Qualified Medical Physics Specialists in Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physics administered by the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM).
- Hold a higher degree (M. Sc. or higher) majoring in physics from an accredited university.
- Experience working as a medical physicist in a clinical environment.
- Eligible for, or possess, an ACT radiation licence
- The successful applicant will need to be available for occasional weekend and after-hours work, with access to flex time.
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Hold a PhD in Medical Physics.
- Experience in teaching diagnostic imaging medical physics registrars
- Hold certification from the ACPSEM, or equivalent, in one or more of the following: Diagnostic Imaging (DR and or NM), Mammography equipment tester, Radiation Safety, Nuclear Medicine Physics.
- Have experience in magnetic resonance imaging, preferably in a clinical environment.
- Have experience in laser safety, preferably for medical lasers.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit https://acthealth.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=0255V
Contact Officer: Ben Cooper (02) 5124 5300 Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 7 October 2022
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Contact Person : Ben Cooper
Contact Number : (02) 5124 5300
Contact Email : Ben.email@example.com
Company Website : https://acthealth.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=0255Vtz=GMT+10:00tzname=Australia/Sydney