Audit Support Officer | Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service, ARPANSA, Melbourne, VIC
Post date : 20 September 2022
Close date : 16 October 2022
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
Salary : $94,336-$99,047 per annum inc 15.4uper
Primary purpose of the role
ARPANSA requires someone to undertake the role of Audit Support Officer within the Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service (ACDS).
The position is based in ARPANSA’s office in Yallambie, Victoria and the role requires regular travel to perform dosimetry audits at radiotherapy facilities throughout Australia and New Zealand. You will also be involved with technical and quality support for the dosimetry service including measurements on ARPANSA’s linear accelerators, equipment calibration and maintenance, as well as film and OSL dosimetry.
This position provides the opportunity to develop your scientific and research skills.
- Perform ACDS audits and develop an understanding for the clinical relevance and any actions arising from the audit outcome.
- Liaise with clients, analyse data and prepare reports.
- Support the film and OSL dosimetry procedures for audits within the national radiotherapy audit program.
- Perform complex dosimetry measurements for the ACDS. Measurements will include treatment dose assessment using phantoms, beam characterisation and linac output.
- Perform extensive and comprehensive testing measurements of dosimeters, associated equipment and audit protocols.
- Participate in ACDS research and development activities as required, which may lead to conference presentations or peer reviewed publications.
Job specific capabilities
To be considered for this position you will have experience as a radiation therapist or physicist in a field involving ionising radiation. You will have an understanding of the processes and techniques involved in dose assessment and quality systems in radiotherapy. Being familiar with Australian radiotherapy treatment practice is desirable.
You should be familiar with the fundamentals of radiation physics and dosimetry particularly as applied to clinical radiotherapy. An awareness of quality assurance activities in a therapy centre is an advantage. Experimental and analytical skills are desirable and good writing and communication skills are necessary.
You must be prepared to travel to perform audits throughout Australia and New Zealand as required.
You must hold Australian citizenship or possess permanent residency status leading to citizenship. This position is a designated security assessment position which will require you to successfully undertake and maintain a security clearance. ARPANSA requires all employees to undertake a Baseline Security Clearance as a condition of engagement.
There are five selection criteria for this role. If you want to advance your career, please tell us your skills, experience and achievements that demonstrate all of the selection criteria in no more than 1000 words in total.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in radiation physics, radiotherapy technologies and radiation dosimetry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and ability to engage with multidisciplinary professionals.
- Scientific and research skills, showing an ability to work independently to complete projects.
- General knowledge or experience in planning techniques in modern radiotherapy treatments (such as motion management, stereotactic or MR-linacs).
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining quality assurance procedures.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance and salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Located in the leafy northern suburbs 15 km from CBD
- Modern amenities room with garden courtyard
- Free parking
For further information, please contact Rhonda Brown via phone 03 9433 2324
Application close: 16 October 2022
To find out more about working at ARPANSA, please visit https://www.arpansa.gov.au/about-us/careers/applying-job .
To apply, please submit your resume, the ARPANSA application cover sheet and a ‘1000-word pitch’ that considers the position overview, job responsibilities, and the selection criteria, to email@example.com .
This position will be offered non-ongoing for a specified term of up to 3 years.
ARPANSA values workplace diversity and is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, people with disabilities, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Should you require special assistance through any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources team.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
619 Lower Plenty Road, Yallambie VIC 3085
Contact Person : Rhonda Brown
Contact Number : 03 9433 2324
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : https://www.arpansa.gov.au/