Medical Physics Specialist | GenesisCare Perth, WA
Post date : 9 November 2022
Close date : 9 December 2022
Category : Job Advertisement
Vacancies : 1
As GenesisCare Western Australia continues to grow, we have a great opportunity for a Medical Physics Specialist to join our team at a metro Perth location.
As a Medical Physics Specialist you will be responsible for the provision of clinical physics and QA services that ensure a safe and effective radiotherapy service for our patients. Your primary areas of responsibility and activity will be agreed in consultation with the Chief Physicist. We would like you to utilise your existing strengths, and take the opportunities we can offer to grow your expertise and experience.
You will become an integral part of our highly engaged team of medical physicists working towards service improvements in clinical operations across our eight WA sites, and in partnership with our national colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Take a lead role in selected service development projects in line with GenesisCare business objectives.
- Apply your high-level expertise to treatment procedures including VMAT, IMRT, SRS, DIBH, SABR, DCAT, and HDR treatments.
- Provide oversight and solutions for improvement in routine and patient-specific quality assurance activities
- Engage and participate in operational and clinical activities as required.
Who you are:
- Certified in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics (ACPSEM, IPEM, HCPC, ABR, ABMP, CCPM, IMPCB).
- ACPSEM Certification and/or Registration is preferred, however, TEAP Registrars who are approaching their prac/oral exams are welcome to apply.
- A clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Great time-management skills enabling you to manage your assigned tasks and achieving quality outcomes.
- You have a problem-solving, solution-focused, pro-active mindset.
- You are a strong advocate for positive team culture.
- You’re motivated to share knowledge and to achieve team-driven project outcomes.
- Demonstrated activity in training, research, and supervision of physics trainees will be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you:
- Join our team of 17 Physicists in WA during an exciting phase of new technology introduction, expanding into new locations and new treatment technique developments.
- Grow your experience and expertise on our Elekta VersaHD linacs, Unity MR-Linac, Monaco TPS, Mosaiq OIS, ExacTrack and CRad SGRT systems, Gulmay SXRT, Nucletron HDR, Intrabeam IORT, GE CT, and Siemens PET/CT and SPECT/CT equipment.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of our SABR/SRS, SGRT, VMAT, IMRT, DIBH, DCAT, HDR, LDR eye plaque, SXRT, IORT and MR-Linac services in WA.
- Work for a progressive global company who are keen to explore and support ideas to design the best possible care for people.
- WA is a great place to live, with amazing beaches and landscapes and a vibrant culture – visit https://scoop.com.au/perth-wa/western-australia/events/ to see what’s on offer right now in Perth, and in WA.
- Enjoy the benefits of living in WA while sharing and building expertise with your national and international colleagues.
- We are supportive of a flexible work environment and want to enable you to live your best life with GenesisCare.
In line with the Public Health Act 2016 (WA), all applicants for this position are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. To be eligible for consideration for this position, all recruits must provide evidence in accordance with the Public Health Act and comply with the requirements of the Public Health Act prior to appointment.
Who we are:
We are 6000+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across the United States, Australia, the U.K, Spain and China, designing cancer and heart disease treatments to help patients achieve the best possible life outcomes.
Across the world, we have more than 580+ centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. Every year our team sees more than 1.4 million patients globally across our Oncology, Cardiology and Sleep Medicine Centres.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do and we pride ourselves on making our people a priority, whether that be a patient or an employee. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused, and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to truly make a difference, join us at GenesisCare!
Applications close: Friday the 9th of December, 2022.
We would love to catch up with you for a confidential chat at EPSM in Adelaide!
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
24 Salvado Rd, Wembley WA, Australia
Contact Person : David Waterhouse
Contact Number : +61437156435
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : https://genesiscare.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Genesiscare_Careers/job/Murdoch-WA/Medical-Physics-Specialist_R0012759